Thursday, March 21, 2013

When I was little I always wanted all the continents, and island be together so the traveling was easy. And only as a high school teenager student I found out The Theory Of Continental Drift. You might ask what's that? And I'll tell that the theory of continental drift is actually a hypothesis that all the continents had formed one landmass before breaking apart and drifting to their present locations. The landmass was called Pangea. This theory was discovered in 1915 by Alfred Wegener. The evidence he provided were the puzzles, landforms and fossils.   
Have you ever wondered what's underneath the Earth surface? If yes, than I'll give a good understanding of it. The Earth has three major spheres: lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere.

  • Lithosphere is the outer part of earth.
  • Hydrosphere is the water of earth's surface
  • Atmosphere is a mass of air surrounding the earth
The Earth also have many layers such as:

  • Continental crust is rocky outer layer of earth 
  • Oceanic crust is land underneath the ocean 
  • Mantle is melted rock (magma/lava, liquid)
  • Outer core is completely liquid
  • Inner core is solid and made up of nickel and iron
As I said before, when I was little I was very curious and had a good imagination. I always wondered how did natural features form? Later I learned the processes of forming man things. For example, mountains were formed when two tectonic plates come together. This is called Convergent Boundary. Divergent Boundary is when plates move apart creating trenches. Transform Boundary is when two plates slide past each other creating an earthquake.


Reflection

  • What did you enjoy most about this project and why?
Mostly I enjoyed collecting info pictures and examples in real life. By doing that I gained knowledge about Earth Science


  • What was the most challenging for you during this project and why?

The most challenging thing for me was covering all topics. I think we had less time for covering all topics, because it took a lot of time working on one topic.


  •    What new skills did you learn from doing this project


I gained working with prezi, Power point, and fast researching skills.


  • What would you change about this project?

If I had a chance to change something about this project I would give more time for learning all topics




No comments:

Post a Comment